11am Sung Eucharist and Sunday School & Crèche
12.45pm Wednesday Eucharist
8.30am Monday to Thursday
You are very welcome to any of our services. If it's your first time, we look forward to meeting you!
What happens in worship at St George's?
• Our main Sunday service begins at 11am. If it’s your first time, come between about 10:50 and 10:55. It’s good to have a bit of time before the service to sit quietly. But many people turn up at 11am, so don’t be surprised if the building is quite quiet before then. Sit wherever you like.
• Dress how you feel comfortable. If you want a bit more guidance, think of what you’d wear for a simple meal at a pub or café with friends.
• You’ll be welcomed at the door and given the service booklet for the week.
• During the service, everything will be announced clearly: we won’t leave you wondering whether to stand or sit, or what to say.
• The service normally follows a similar order:
· We begin with a hymn (which at the moment is sung to us), and then some prayers that help us remember that we need God’s forgiveness and strength in all we do.
· We then hear a series of readings from the Bible and hear a sermon which explains how these are relevant for our lives today.
· We then share bread as we celebrate the Eucharist (also known as communion or mass) together. If you regularly receive communion in another church, do come forward and receive the bread. Otherwise, do come forward with everyone else and simply keep your hands down. That’s the way that the minister will know that you don’t want to receive. Instead, he or she will pray a short prayer of blessing for you. If you prefer to stay in your seat, that’s alright too.
• At the moment our creche and Sunday School are not running