The original medieval font from the first two buildings does not survive in the church. It was taken to Mint Street Workhouse and used as a container to beat oakum. This font was saved and is now in the chapel of the Old Palace School at Croydon. A new circular, marble font was installed in the new 18th century building. This font was described as still being in the church in 1828. The present font, which is different from the circular marble font, must be of a later date than 1828. Detail from a pre-1939 ground plan shows the font’s position as in front of the western entrance, however, surrounded by more pews. In 1952, two rows of pews were removed to make more space for a larger baptistery and the font was raised up onto a concrete step.
The lead cistern, now used as the parish collection chest, was installed originally in the northwest porch in 1738 and used as a water cistern. At the time, it was agreed by the church wardens to supply the church with water from the main Thames supply. In 1950, the cistern was moved to its current position and reused as a collection chest, with a top for it being made out of the old front doors which were destroyed by bombing during the Second World War.
It is decorated in three main panels. The left panel reads ‘This was given by subscription 1738’. The middle panel reads ‘St. G S’ for St. George’s Southwark, and also has a stylised image of St. George on horseback. The right panel records three church wardens; William Hill, Thomas Lambe and William Oldham.